Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: January 12, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby
"Speaking of miracles, there's nothing quite so amazing - in retrospect, that is - as watching a premature infant or one born with medical problems, who you're afraid might not make it through the first night, blossom into a normal baby. I know, because my younger daughter arrived seven weeks early. She was in the hospital five weeks." pg. 242, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg





Daughter of the Forest (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, Book 1)
"Later, I went out into the orchard, after first making sure nobody was around. I sat on the grass under an old spreading apple tree, on whpse gnarled limbs even now blossom gave way to the first small setting of green fruit. Red and I had shared an apple once. That seemed a long, long time ago, in another world. In another tale. I spoke to the Fair Folk, in my mind. I spoke to the Lady of the Forest. If any of their kind were here at all in this foreign place, if any of them could hear me, it would be in such a place as this, under trees." pg. 265, Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier



Jane Eyre (Scholastic Classics)
"I turned in the direction of the sound, and there, amongst the romantic hills, whose changes and aspect I had ceased to note an hour ago, I saw a hamlet and a spire. All the valley at my right hand was full of pasture fields, and cornfields, and wood; and a glittering stream ran zigzag through the varied shades of green, the mellowing grain, the sombre woodland, the clear and sunny lea. Recalled by the rumbling of wheels to the road before me, I saw a heavily laden wagon labouring up the hill; and not far beyond were two cows and their drover. Human life and human labour were near. I must struggle on: strive to live and bend to toil like the rest." pg. 358, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...