Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: January 26, 2010


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teasers:
Stardust

"'I am getting old,' she said to her two servants. They said nothing in reply, gave no indication that they even understood her. 'Things inanimate have always been more difficult to change than things animate. Their souls are older and stupider and harder to persuade. If I but had my true youth again... why, in the dawn of the world I could transform mountains into seas and clouds into palaces. I could populate cities with pebbles on the shingle. If I were young again...'" - pg. 138, Stardust by Neil Gaiman




Jane Eyre (Scholastic Classics)"Where was I? Did I wake or sleep? Had I been dreaming? Did I dream still? The old woman's voice had changed: her accent, her gesture, and all were familiar to me as my own face in a glass - as the speech of my own tongue. I got up, but did not go. I looked; I stirred the fire, and I looked again, but she drew her bonnet and her bandage closer about her face, and again beckoned me to depart. The flame illuminated her hand stretched out; roused now, and on the alert for discoveries, I at once noticed that hand." - pg. 219, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte





1 comments:

Emma Michaels said...

Love both teasers! I am a definite Jane eyre fan. Hope you will check out my teaser here: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_26.html

By the way I subscribed!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...