Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teasers:

Jane Eyre (Scholastic Classics)
"I lingered at the gates; I lingered on the lawn; I paced backwards and forwards on the pavement. The shutters of the glass door were closed; I could not see into the interior; and both my eyes and spirit seemed drawn from the gloomy house - from the grey hollow filled with rayless cells, as it appeared to me - to that sky expanded before me - a blue sea absolved from taint of cloud; the moon ascending it in solemn march; her orb seeming to look up as she left the hilltops, from behind which she had come, far and farther below her, and aspired to the zenith, midnight-dark in its fathomless depth and measureless distance, and for those trembling stars that followed her course; they made my heart tremble, my veins glowed when I viewed them." - pg. 125, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte



Since it is taking me so long to get through this book, for those of you who have finished it, can you tell me what you loved about Jane Eyre?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...