Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto
"Dude, what's up with the frogs?" I ask. "This is, like, biblical."
"The frogs aren't coming from the sky. This isn't biblical. This is just annoying," Stacey counters. Despite positively ominous skies, Stacey and I are in the pool. The second we see lightning, we'll get out, but until then, we swim, damn it. Plus, I have all that soda to rinse off.
"Well, if they're not a plague, then where are they coming from?"
"You've got me. We get a couple of them in the pool every year, but this is bizarre. Maybe they hopped in from the woods because of the storm." As we wallow in waist-deep water, we attempt to scoop out the dozens of dime-size frogs swimming around us. They'd be cute - like, so cute they could be manufactured by Sanrio, actually - if only they'd keep their distance. I had one work it's way into my hair a couple of minutes ago, and now my throat hurts from the screaming. - pgs. 52-53, My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto by Jen Lancaster




What are you reading this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...