Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: She Walks in Beauty

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
She Walks in Beauty
The house gown I was helped into was a close-fitting and rather stifling. Made from a rose-colored wool, its high neck was encased in lace that ended in a point below my throat. The puffed sleeves fell straight and free to my forearms, where they had been caught up with more lace descending to my wrists. The bodice clung to my corset cover and then eased over my hips and fell straight to the floor. I was encased. Completely. From head to toe. But still, my form was revealed in all its curvaceous glory.
I looked nothing like myself.
And I rather liked the image. The girl in the mirror before me looked as if she belonged in society circles. The girl in the mirror was the definition of elegance, grace, and charm. She would know how to dance; she would know how to converse. A room filled with strangers would never send her fleeing to her bedroom for refuge.
I only wish I felt the same way she looked. - pgs. 79-80, She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell



What are you reading this week?



1 comments:

pussreboots said...

That's a long teaser! Mine's from Bollywood Babes by Narinder Dhami.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...