Saturday, July 24, 2010

Winner Takes It All

So I don't really consider myself that "lucky" when it comes to winning things in those random-draw-style contests. In my 8 months of blogging I have probably entered over 300 random draw contests, mostly for books, and I have won three actual books, and a few ebooks, thanks to LibraryThing and Goodreads. That's never really stopped me from entering just about every contest that I would be remotely interested in, in the hopes of that incredibly small chance of winning the prize. So when I got the email from Penguin Canada that I had won the entire set of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, the high-pitched squeal I emitted stopped my family in their tracks, followed by repetitions of "No way" and "I can't believe it", before I was able to coherently inform my husband of my prize. I have read lots of good reivews about the series, but I had yet to read any of the books for myself. When I got back from my camping vacation yesterday, my box of books was waiting for me at the post office. What a nice coming-home present!



So the moral of the story is enter, enter, enter those contests, because you just might win!

2 comments:

LibraryGirl said...

Congratulations!!! What an awesome prize to win. I've only read the first book in the series so far but I really liked it.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. I love this series and I am hoping to get all the books!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...