Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Thunderbird Falls by C. E. Murphy

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
Thunderbird Falls (The Walker Papers, Book 2)
I didn't know how I got to the hospital. I didn't know if I even hung up the phone. All I could hear was my heartbeat and the memory of the day I'd met Gary, when a human banshee called Marie told us both that Gary wasn't going to die anytime soon. Soon. What was soon? Was six months soon? It seemed soon to me. How far in advance had her ability to see death coming worked? She hadn't said, and it was much too late to ask her. I remembered her body, lying across her living room floor, the heart torn out, and I wondered if six months was too soon. - pg. 136, Thunderbird Falls (The Walker Papers, Book 2) by C. E. Murphy

What are you reading this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...