Sunday, December 19, 2010

2011 Reading Challenge: Twenty-Eleven

I partipated in this challenge for 2010, and even though I didn't quite make it to the finish line, I liked it so much, I want to give it another shot. This challenge is hosted by Bart's Bookshelf. For 2011, we are supposed to read twenty books in eleven categories, which means that I only have to read 1 book in 2 of the categories, and the rest of the categories I need to read 2 books to make the twenty book total. ...And if that doesn't make sense, just keep reading until all the bases are covered!
I have a few ideas of what to read for some of these categories, but I'm going to leave them blank until I have actually read the books, then fill them in as I go along.

Now on to the categories...

1. To YA or not YA…
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

2. …With a Twist.
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
Redemption by Laurel Dewey

3. Hot off the Presses.
River Marked by Patricia Briggs
The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer

4. It Wasn’t Me! (aka Bad Bloggers*)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Kathleen's Story by Lurlene McDaniel

5. Show it Who is Boss!
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ravens of Avalon by Diana L. Paxson

6. Bablefish.
Lion's Honey by David Grossman (Translated by Stuart Schoffman)
The Lost Angel by Javier Sierra (Translated by Carlos Frias)

7. Will-Power? What Will-Power? (aka: The Henry Ward Beecher Memorial.)
Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione
Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards

8. Mind the Gap.
Coyote Dreams by C. E. Murphy
Awakened by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast


9. Back in the Day.
Chocolat by Joanne Harris

10. Way Back When.
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

11. Slim-Pickings
On The Prowl by Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance, and Sunny
Harvest Moon by Mercedes Lackey, Michelle Sagara, and Cameron Haley


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...