Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Walking Dead by C. E. Murphy

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
Walking Dead (The Walker Papers, Book 4)
          I blurted, "Between my hands and my feet, these things I do keep, to a warrior of light, I grant you the Sight!" and waited for my head to explode of embarrassment.
Billy, gratifyingly, said, "Oh, wow."
My gaze jerked to his face, a couple inches away from my own. "It worked?"
His eyes were filmed with gold. Morrison and Thor had said mine had changed color when I'd used the Sight. I was pleased enough that I forgot having a two-hundred-and-sixty-pound man on my feet hurt, and let him stand there a while before I even thought to howl with pain. Just before I started to complain, he shook himself and stepped back, a broad, astonished smile on his face as gold drained out of his eyes and left them brown again. - pgs. 118-119, Walking Dead (The Walker Papers, Book 4) by C. E. Murphy

What are you reading this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...