Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Best Overlooked Book Battle 2011: Round 2 Winner!

After spending two weeks reading through Kathleen's Story (Angels in Pink) by Lurlene McDaniel and Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper, my partner, Chloe from YA Booklover Blog, and I decided that the obvious winner for this round was...

Out of My Mind


Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper!


Really, there was no contest between the two books. While Kathleen's Story (Angels in Pink) was sweet, romantic, and sometimes humorous -- as many YA books are -- Out of My Mind completely changed my perspective regarding the physically-impaired population. While the book does technically fit into the genre of YA, I really believe that everyone should read this book. I have never read anything like this, and hopefully I will remember to encourage my children to read this when they are old enough!

I will be posting my individual reviews of both books in the coming days, so stayed tuned! Also, be sure to check out Chloe at YA Booklover Blog to get her full opinion of the two titles, as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...