Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2012 Reading Challenge: Alex Awards

I recently learned about the Alex Awards, which are given each year to books written/marketed to adults that have special appeal to young adults (age 12-18). They often feature teen protagonists. Since I enjoy reading these types of books anyways, I thought this challenge would be a good fit for me, which is hosted by The Story Girl. I am joining at the second level with 4-6 books to read. The books that I can choose from can be found on the YALSA website.

Some of the books that looked interesting to me I listed here:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Soulless by Gail Carriger
The Dragons of Babel by Michael Swanwick
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Candy Freak by Steve Almond
Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich
Insatiable by Meg Cabot


1 comments:

LL said...

Thanks for joining in! I am looking forward to seeing what you think of your choices. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...