Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

So it's New Year's Resolution time. Does it freak anybody else out that it's 2012? Anyways, I thought I would keep my blogging resolutions simple this year, as I have big plans in my regular life that will likely take me away from book blogging at some point this year. I kept my Goodreads goal the same as last year, to read 75 books for the year. I would actually like to top that goal, but as I struggled to get to the end in 2011 with that goal, I kept it the same.
My blog design also needs a refresher, which I wanted to do last summer, but failed miserably at. I know there are sites out there that will do it all for a price, but I like to do my own designs. Plus, it forces me to get better with my Photoshop program.
I also cut down on the number of reading challenges to eight, with a focus on reading the books that I already own. I feel guilty that I have all of these books stacking up from various sources -- prizes, gifts, review requests, library discards -- and I am not reading them fast enough, so hopefully this will be motivation enough to read them.
I also want to read more classic literature. I only read one book in 2011 that is considered a classic, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, and that is just unacceptable. Hubby wants me to read Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, plus I own Emma by Jane Austen, so that's a good start.

Do you have any Resolutions for the New Year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...