Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Guest Post: Cursing Athena by Lisa Sanchez


Today I have Lisa Sanchez, author of Cursing Athena, here to talk about one of my favorite subjects - mythology! Here is a quick blurb of her new book:

          For Danika, the only thing worse than going commando while wearing a fugly, silver bodysuit, was dealing with her deadbeat, ex-husband James. Catcalls, unwanted groping and lecherous stares weren’t really her cup of tea either, but she’d endure all of it and more if her new job serving cocktails at Masquerade meant ridding herself of his mountain of debt. It was just a job, after all, and what choice did she have with James' creditors breathing down her neck? What she didn't bargain for, however, was falling heels-over-head in lust with a two-hundred-plus pound, shape-shifting immortal from Ancient Greece.
On a mission to take down a parasitic demon, Ty doesn't have time for distraction. Not even when that distraction could prove to be his possible lifemate in the form of sweet, innocent, yet sexy-as-hell Danika. But when the leech he’s hunting goes after the cocktail waitress, all bets are off. Unable to resist her siren call any longer, Ty surrenders himself to Danika, body and soul, treating them both to a night they'll never forget.
Take it away, Lisa!

          Go mythological, or go home!
I’ve always been fascinated with Greek mythology. When I was young I’d spend hours reading stories about Zeus, Poseidon and Aphrodite. Clash of The Titans was my favorite movie. It didn’t matter how many times I watched that flick; every time the Kraken emerged from the sea my heart beat a little faster. I was captivated. So much so, I named my goldfish Andromeda. Um, yeah…what can I say? I was a goofy kid.
As I grew older my love of Greek mythology continued. I devoured Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series. Obsessed over Gena Showalter’s Lords Of The Underworld series, and salivated over Brad Pitt in Troy. I mean, c’mon! A bare-chested Brad in ancient Greek fighting gear? What’s not to love? Meow!
Given my absolute love of paranormal romance and all things mythological, it came as no surprise to me when the idea for a series showcasing a band of hunky Greek warriors struck. I’ve been itching to write something featuring a bunch of über hot alpha males with supernatural powers. Cursing Athena, book one in my new Order Of Seven series, poured out of me at high velocity, and gives readers (I hope!) a quick and steamy taste of what’s to come in future books.
The series features a band of warriors appointed by the goddess Athena to police and rid the earth of escaped demons and underworld dirtbags. Each warrior possesses an inner beast, a Greek mythological creature that emerges during battle. Ty, the hero from Cursing Athena, shifts into a Nemean lion: a beast whose golden fur is impervious to attack, and cannot be killed with mortal weapons. Big, blond, and covered in muscle, he’s a killing machine both on and off the battlefield. Rawr!
Between researching mystical beasts, demigods, Gods and Titans, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed delving into the world of the Olympians, and cannot wait to share my characters with all of you!

Well, your book sounds fascinating, and exactly the kind of book I would love to get my hands on! Thank you for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...