Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guest Post: Faythe Reclaimed by Lisa Sanchez


Today's guest is Lisa Sanchez, author of Faythe Reclaimed. Lisa Sanchez is a California cheer mom taxiing her way through life, one car ride at a time. Along with chauffer, she sports several job titles, including, but not limited to: author, chef, seamstress, videographer, nurse, enforcer, and general slave to her three daughters.
The first two books in her Hanaford Park series (Eve Of Samhain, Pleasures Untold) are published with Omnific Publishing. The third book, Faythe Reclaimed, is currently on submission. Her erotic suspense, Obsessed was published March 29th 2011 with Loose Id.




Here is a quick blurb of Faythe Reclaimed:
          Running through a strange forest with a bloodthirsty demon hot on her heels wasn’t Taylor’s idea of a rockin’ evening. Then again, neither rwas soaring backward through time and space. Time travel chafed and left a rank, nasty aftertaste. So, when she finds herself floundering amidst a sea of Commandment-loving holy rollers who fling accusations of witchcraft and bedevilment like hotcakes in a diner, finding her way home jumps to the top of her to do list. Too bad she can’t remember who she is or where she came from. And if that wasn’t bad enough, Taylor realizes she’s fallen for Gabriel, the mysterious Latin warlock who came to her rescue.
Battling an identity crisis and lost in a time that’s not her own, Taylor is determined to find her way back to twenty-first century Hanaford Park. But first, she and Gabriel must work together to uncover the dark scourge lurking in the shadows of Salem Village, and in doing so, save their lives, and the lives of countless innocents from a lethal date with the hangman’s noose.

          Before I start chatting, I’d like to say thank you to Jacob’s Beloved's Books for hosting my tour today. I’m both excited and honored to be here.
A lover of all things paranormal, I’ve been fascinated with the Salem Witch trials since my early teens. The mob mentality and ease in which people accused and condemned their brothers and sisters sparked my curiosity and boggled my mind at the same time. How could people be so judgmental? So self-righteous?
I find it very interesting that the things that once scared our early colonial American relatives (witchcraft, ghosts etc.) completely fascinate us in the present. The paranormal genre is booming, and full of incredible stories filled with all kinds of magical, supernatural creatures.
Two of my favorite movies feature the oppressive nature of that time: The Crucible, and The Scarlett Letter. Both films also showcase a super hottie male lead (I’ve got a sick love for Gary Oldman in the above mentioned flick) and a beautiful love story to round out all the hatred and angst. If you haven’t had a chance to watch either, I highly recommend.
It was my hope, when writing Faythe Reclaimed, that I could capture the dark, unforgiving beliefs of that time period, while sharing Gabriel and Taylor’s love story. The task was daunting, to say the least––time travel stories are tricky buggers to write, lol––but in the end, a challenge I believe I conquered. Faythe Reclaimed is not only larger than its two predecessors, but darker and sexier, and I hope readers love it as much as I do.
That sounds like a great read! I've always wondered about the accusers in the Salem Witch Trials myself. I share the sentiment of being a slave to three daughters, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...