Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Guest Post: The Navy Seal's Promise by Soraya Lane


Today's guest is Soraya Lane, author of The Navy Seal's Promise. As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream! Working as a freelance writer and now a professional author too, she writes every day and loves her job. Soraya describes being an author as "the best career in the world", and she hopes to be writing romance for many years to come.

Soraya loves spending her days thinking up characters for books, and her home is a constant source of inspiration. She lives with her own real life hero and son on a small farm in New Zealand, surrounded by animals and with an office overlooking a field where their horses graze.
For more information about Soraya, her books and her writing life, visit www.sorayalane.com or follow her on twitter @Soraya_Lane. She would love to hear from you.



Take it away, Soraya!

                                                             Military Heroes

When I sold my first book to my editor two years ago, it was a soldier story. Soldier on Her Doorstep was the first in my Heroes Come Home series, and my current release, The Navy SEAL’s Bride is the third. It’s a theme that I’m becoming familiar with and I love it.
I’m often asked why I write about military heroes (and heroines!) and it’s a hard question to answer. When I wrote my first book, I had no idea that I’d go on to write so many soldier-themed stories, but my editor keeps asking me for more! Right now I’m working on edits for my eighth book, and yes, it’s a military romance.
There is something about a military hero that I love, and if I didn’t I wouldn’t write them. Could I fall in love with a soldier? Absolutely. So long as he was also handsome, kind and loved animals! For me, any hero I write about has to be a man I could personally fall for. Soldiers are special because they have to be strong, professional, intelligent and committed, and those all happen to be characteristics of any great hero. Add to the mix a broken heart or a traumatic past, and suddenly I see a man that needs his story told.
So how about you? Do you like reading about military heroes? How about military heroines? And if so, what is it that makes you fall in love with them?


Thank you for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...